This is the LAST of our refrigerator tours! Whew, what a ride. Among other things, I hope the first installment of this series taught you that, no matter where you live, we all struggle to reduce waste; to fill our bodies with nutritious food; and to overcome our busy schedules. Allow yourself to experience grace!
For a full year after we graduated from college, this next lady and I got to share a refrigerator! I don’t know if I enjoyed her morning chants more or her cake balls.
Occupation: Event/Conference Planner
Location: Denver, Colorado
Good friend, positive, authentic, open minded, loving
If you weren’t working at the job you have now, what would you want to do?
I would buy a 5th wheel with my husband, totally deck it out and make it cute, and cruise the US national parks – camping, hiking, and exploring; my event planning skill set would be used to plan the next adventure!
Name your favorite five things about where you live:
The weather and scenery usually tops this list –
- Tons of sunny days and fresh, crisp air
- The beauty of the mountains never gets old
- The laid-back environment (focus on hobbies over work!)
- Proximity to family (my family and my husband’s both live out here)
- The small/big city feel… Denver is growing rapidly, but it is still manageable!
Name your least favorite five things about where you live:
- The food scene here is getting better, but not there yet! We moved from D.C., so we are a bit spoiled when it comes to good restaurants!
- An ocean would be nice 😉
- Public transit could be better
- Everyone is moving here! traffic to the mountains on the weekends is.the.worst.
- Our airport is out in the middle of nowhere (an annoyance since I travel frequently!)
What are the biggest challenges in your life right now?
We are trying to move to a new house and I’m dealing with lots of work and work travel. it’s all about balance, and i never feel like you truly figure it out…
What do your weekdays look like?
I plan my days/weekly meals/etc. by bullet journaling — I’ve done it since last fall and it is saving me! I work from home (usually my kitchen table with empty LaCroix cans everywhere); workout if I’m feeling it; make plans after work with friends or more likely just have a low-key night with my husband (i.e. dinner, chores, read or watch TV and drink tea – or if we are lucky and have beer in the fridge, drink beer)!
What do your weekends look like?
In an effort to not totally hole up in the wintertime, we usually try to get outside if it’s sunny or go skiing!
Tell me about your refrigerator:
It is where our food goes to die… haha, no just kidding (but seriously) we are trying to get better about eating all the food in our fridge before it goes bad…
What does your refrigerator say about you?
We are trying to eat healthy! I have literally no self control when it comes to sugar, so i can’t keep it at the house or anywhere near me. I’ve even had to tell my family to never give us sweets anymore when we visit!
Name five things that are always in your refrigerator (or that would be if you could keep up):
- Almond milk
Name your favorite five things to eat:
- Breakfast burritos,
- Smoothie bowls,
- Cake balls – probably also counts as chocolate… probably not considered a “food”…
Thank you SO much Haley for opening up your refrigerator to us!