A while ago, I asked some of my friends to share their favorite recipes. I always wonder- what are other peoples’ “go-to’s?” What do people make for dinner when they aren’t sharing photos on instagram? Do people even EAT when they don’t take pictures of their food? If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?
I digress. Before I get to Jess’ recipe, I wanted to share something I made this week when I had ZERO minutes to cook. It was simple. It was quick. It was DELICIOUS. Unsurprisingly this recipe came from Deb over at Smitten Kitchen.
A while back, my friend Jess shared her refrigerator with us. Now she is back to share a crowd-pleasing recipe: Swedish Pancakes!
+ + +
- 6 Eggs, beaten
- 2½ c 2% Milk
- 1½ c Flour, sifted
- 2 TB Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- Butter for griddle
- 2-3 lemons, cut in wedges
- Powdered sugar
- Lingonberry jam (I buy mine at IKEA!)
- Maple syrup
- Heat griddle to 325 degrees or 375 for a non-stick griddle
- Combine eggs and milk in bowl with whisk
- Sift in dry ingredients and stir until smooth
- Generously cover the griddle with butter; it's okay if it browns
- Pour batter onto griddle into big 8-10 in circles
- Flip once you see a few bubbles in the center and the edges get crispy
- Add more butter to the griddle between pancakes